Funny things dads say really do have good meaning, especially when it comes to running the A/C. In fact, running the A/C can cost a single homeowner or apartment dweller up to $1,000 per year, which is a lot of money to keep a place cool.
So, imagine if you had more than one home or hundreds of apartments…or even thousands of properties you managed. Now, imagine if those residents didn’t shut their windows or left the doors opened. The costs for cooling those spaces in summer could potentially double or triple…and will probably be the greatest costs those property owners will experience all year.
Here is more on how leaving windows and doors open affects the A/C:
- Efficiency promised with the sale of the system won’t be met either if windows aren’t shut. Efficiency of the air conditioning unit depends on the system of fans and ducting being carefully balanced at the time you installed the unit. Used properly, that means windows and doors remains shut, efficiency can be met but when your residents leave windows open, it alters these settings thus lowering the system’s efficiency.
- Leaving a window or door open while running the air conditioning also greatly affects load. Condensers have to work harder and run longer to meet load. And, that may mean more repairs, premature failure and shorter life span of the system.
- More dirt and dust enter the living spaces. A/Cs working with their right filters and/or air cleaners constantly clean the air. Leaving windows and doors open may compromise the indoor air quality especially in windier, dirtier days.
So, dad really does know best…and iO Lodge Watch Energy Management System is a solution to his problem.
The Lodge Watch Energy Management System is a wireless monitoring system designed to save money on energy costs by making sure your equipment isn’t running needlessly because a door or window has been left open. Lodge Watch detects when a door or window is left open for more than 2 minutes. This saves on energy costs, but also reduces short cycling of the HVAC equipment, reducing equipment icing, condensate pan overflow and wear in the equipment.
Features and benefits:
- Locks out the HVAC equipment when doors and windows are left open for more than two minutes
- Restores HVAC operation when doors and windows are closed
- Prevents compressor short-cycling
- Reduces energy consumption by as much as 40%
- Reduces excessive wear on HVAC equipment
- Reduces chances of equipment ice-up
- Reduces condensate drip pan overflow
- Easy to Install
- Up to 4 transmitter models available
- 5-year warranty
For more information on the iO Lodge Watch Energy Management System, visit https://jacksonsystems.com/products/lodge-watch-wireless-energy-management-system-1-transmitter.html